Cook

Cook

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Beatiful Day in Montana

The last few weeks have been beautiful. Yes it is snowing today, but we enjoyed the sunshine while we could. A few weeks ago after being stuck in the house with colds we decided to take the girls for a drive down the river. We headed about 30 miles out of town toward Cascade. We followed the river until we ended up at Holter Lake. The drive was beautiful. Half way we found a picnic and fishing area where we stopped to run around and have lunch. The girls were in heaven. It was so peaceful just watching the river, geese and fisherman floating down the river. Holter Lake was still frozen and there were a few guys ice fishing. Ryan took the girls out on the lake to show them that they could walk on it. They thought that was pretty cool. It just made me nervous. We had a great day getting out and exploring. I love having the mountains and river so close to were we live.
McKenzie loves to be outside, so she was so excited to be out and running around.
There were fisherman everywhere. Ryan was going crazy. He was wanting to be on the river with them.
The girls throwing rocks into the river.


Ryan wanted to show the girls that they could walk on the lake when it was frozen. They were a little nervous at first, but thought it was pretty cool. I was nervous the whole time.
Ryan showing the girls the hole's the fisherman had drilled.
Ryan and the girls


4 comments:

Hansencrew said...

Looks like fun! I think I would be nervous about the ice too, but I could see Mike doing the same thing! Our kids would love that! I hope we can go on a campout or two when you get back, even if it's just you girls. Also, thanks so much for the card you sent! I was so surprised!! I have had a rough week, with a funeral in the family and also not feeling good, so that brightened my day! Thanks so much! Love ya

lur said...

Love all the pictures from Mckenzie's party. You went to alot of work. It will be a fun reminder of her "best ever" birthday. And I loved the other pictures on the river. I think I would have been scared to walk on it. Love the pink construction hats for my two favorite granddaughters. Miss ya Love ya LUR

Sarah said...

Seriously, just looking at those pics of the kids and Ryan on the ice makes my stomach flip. I am such a whimp. I couldn't stand it in MN when I would see the shacks and TRUCKS out on the lakes..it freaked me out so bad! What a beautiful place to live, though! How much longer do you have there?

The Murdocks said...

Wow, it's gorgeous there! I had fun seeing your mom and sister in law at swimming lessons for a while! Your mom said you'd come bace in time for Kinz to start Kindergarten. Is she going to Bluff Ridge? That would be cool! I've organized a dance group for little girls in my basement and it's been a lot of fun! If you're interested Kinzie can join!