Cook

Cook

Monday, March 16, 2009

A Day at the Park!

Saturday was a beautiful day, so after naps we took the girls to the park to feed the ducks and play. The girls were so excited to feed the ducks, but I think that everyone else had the same idea because not one duck would come up to the fence and get some bread. The seaguls did come and eat some, but the girls were sad that the ducks wouldn't eat their bread. We decided to go play instead. The girls had a blast on the slides and even tried out some of the big kid toys with the help of dad. I love days like this when we just go outside and hang out with the kids. I love that Spring is coming.
Ryan and McKenzie trying to talk the ducks over to the fence. I didn't work very well.
Brooklyn watching the ducks take a bath.
Brooklyn has no fear and loves to play on the slides.
Isn't McKenzie looking big these days. I can't beleive how fast they are growing up.
Ryan helping the girls be big.
I love this picture.
I was walking over to the waterfall to test out my camera and I found a little sign of spring popping up. I love it when all the spring flowers start come up and bring us some color.
I had a photography class earlier that morning and we learned about all the cool things you can do when you manually change your shutter speed. You can either freeze motion or blur it, so I decided to test things out with the little waterfall at the park.
This is freezing the motion of the object by changing my making my shutter speed faster.
This is blurred by making my shutter speed really slow. Pretty cool! By just changing the shutter speed you can create two different types of pictures. I love photography and can't wait to learn more things about it.

4 comments:

Bryan and Allie said...

Oh my gosh Rachelle, the girls are growing up WAY to fast! McKenzie looks a whole foot taller than 2 months ago. This makes me so sad. And last night I had a dream that I came in April and the girls had no clue who I was. It broke my heart. Hope it was just a dream. can't wait to see you guys in less than 6 weeks!! Love you!

KO said...

Yea for spring!

Sarah said...

Those pictures give us hope for warm weather! Your pictures look great!

Jake, Katie, & Macie said...

I love that you are learning about photograpy. I want to some day. The girls are looking so big. AHAHHHHHHhh I am going to miss you guys so much this summer.