Cook

Cook

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving in Sioux Falls

Thanksgiving was quiet this year, but nice.  The girls and I spent Wednesday night preparing for the big day.  Together we made apple pie and homemade rolls.  It was fun for me to teach my daughters how to make pie and rolls. I did need to call my mom for a few tips and she was also working on her pies with Katie.  We were all making pies together. Thanksgiving day was pretty relaxing.  I got up and did alittle prep and then the girls and I watched the Parade on TV while Ryan slept in.  Later that afternoon we did some crafts with  the girls while waiting for dinner time.  We were very lucky and were able to share Thanksgiving with the Missionaries.  Elder Wilkes from Logan, Utah and Elder Hastings from Dallas, Texas.  They are great missionaries and we had a great time getting to know them.  Having them in our homes brings a great spirit.  I'm so grateful we had that opportunity.  After the missionaries left we checked out the 
Black Friday ads and watched a Christmas movie with the kids.  We then got a good night sleep, yes we slept and didn't go shopping.  We already finished our Christmas shopping and with no babysitter for the kids decided to not go shopping this year.  

The girls and I making Apple Pie.  My favorite.

My little helpers helping me with the rolls.  Its so nice now that the girls are getting old enough to help.  We did make a big mess, but we had fun. 

The girls working on their crafts.  I'm thank for... pictures, turkeys and leave baskets.  The had fun.  Anything craft related our girls just eat up.  


The girls also helped me make cornucopias with name tags for everyone. 

Once the girls were done with crafts Ryan put them to work peeling the potatoes.  We were trying to keep them busy so they bounced from one activity to the next. 

Everyone enjoying a yummy Thanksgiving dinner.  I was there, but like usual I was behind the camera. 

The next morning the Ryan let the girls break the with bone.  McKenzie ended up with the bigger, Brooklyn was not happy about that.


No comments: