Cook

Cook

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!

Christmas Eve!
Ryan the girls and I make sugar cookies for Santa earlier in the day and then headed to Ryan's parents for dinner and to exchange gifts with the family. When we got home from Ryan's parents we let the girls open up their Christmas Eve Present (Christmas PJ's), we then read them a few Navtity books and talked about the birth of Jesus. The girls were so excited for Santa to come, they sprinkled reindeer food out front and set out a plate of cookies and milk for Santa. We then watch the Polar Express. I thought the girls were never going to fall asleep, but they did about 10:30pm. Ryan and I then began wrapping all the presents, which took forever. I think we will do things alittle different next year.
Ryan and the girls working on the Santa cookies.
Santa's Cookies. McKenzie also added some carrots for the reindeer.
The Girls very excited for Santa to come.
Christmas Morning. Ryan and I woke up around 6:00am just waiting for the girls to wake up, Brooklyn came in about 7:00 and by 7:30 we had her go and tell McKenzie that Santa came. I took McKenzie a few minutes register what was going on, but she soon was running out to the tree. This year was so much fun, because the kids understood more of what was going on. The girls got some fun stuff from Santa. They both got American Girls Bitty Baby Twins, which I was very excited about. McKenzie loved her new car rug and Brooklyn was very excited about her new Pet Shops. Later in the Day we went to both parents and got some fun stuff and we also were about to talk with my brother Kevin who is serving a mission in California.
The Girls Christmas Morning
Lucky was the first one to get a present opened.
Brooklyn checking out her new Pet Shops.
Brooklyn with one of her new dolls.
McKenzie with her new dolls.
McKenzie playing with her new car rug.
Brooklyn and Lucky after a long Christmas Day.

1 comment:

KO said...

So much fun! Christmas is definitely a kids holiday. It's so magical for them.