Cook

Cook

Monday, November 2, 2009

Our 3rd day in Yellowstone

On day three we headed back into the Park. We headed into the park about 10:00 in the morning and didn't leave the park until 8:00 that night. We saw ton's of animals and the park was beautiful. I loved the snow caped mountains and the farther we got into the park the more snow we saw. This trip the animals were a lot closer to the car, so we were able to get some really good pictures. There were a few times I got a little nervous and wanted to stand behind the car to take the pictures. Ryan was a lot braver than I was. The girls loved seeing all the animals and were really good for all the driving we did. Brooklyn woke up with a cold that morning, so we had to stay in the car more than I would have liked, but we still had a great time.
All of these Elk were about 25 feet from the car. It was pretty cool.

While I was taking pictures of the Elk the girls rolled down their window and started making noise, like they were talking to the Elk. It make this buck turn his head and look at them. It scared me to death, because I was out in front of the car taking pictures. I didn't stay out there long taking pictures. I got back in the car and handed the camera to Ryan for him to take pictures from his window.

This is a heard of Buffalo.
I love these next two pictures. As the steam came off the hot pots it would freeze to the ground and trees. It was so beautiful.
Sometimes the water running off the hot pots would freeze before it even made it to the river.
Buffalo crossing signs were everywhere and it was a good thing because they didn't care if there was a car in the road or not.

We stopped to check out the Mud Volcano's and just as we headed up the hill it started to snow. With Brooklyn not feeling good we tried our best to keep her bundled up, so she could still see everything with us. What a cutie!


McKenzie with her Daddy!
I wanted to stop and take this picture, because it was so beautiful and I'm glad we did, because this is where we saw the bear off to the right heading for the trees.
There were Geese everywhere. I thought they would have been heading for warmer weather, but they didn't care that there was snow on the ground.

This is a Trumpeter Swan. We saw them all through out the park.
These are the Lower Falls in the Yellowstone Canyon. If you look close you can see the frost along the walls from the water freezing as it comes off the waterfall.

Our happy little family!
Me and My Girls!
McKenzie all bundled up! She was so excited to get out of the car and play with all the snow on the ground.
Can you find the Eagles nest on top of the rock.
The next few pictures are from Mammoth Hot Springs. It's just amazing to see all the volcanic activity that goes on in Yellowstone.



McKenzie called this the upside down ice cream cone.
At Mammoth Hot Springs there is a little Historic Fort and during the winter it's closed, so there aren't any people walking around to all the shops and building, so the Elk made themselves at home. There were about 40 Elk and we counted about 10 bucks. After checking out the hot springs we drove down into the fort and right through the heard of Elk it was cool. Some got so close to the car I was afraid they were going to ram into us, but they just keep on eating and checking us out.
These two were about 5 feet from the car. I wish we would have grabbed the video camera.
This baby keep getting closer and closer to the car. The girls keep saying he's going to lick us.

This Osprey was just off the road perched in the tree.
This Buffalo was just walking down the street like he was a car. He was huge. He walked right along the side of the car. I don't think Brooklyn has ever rolled her window up so fast in her life. I probably would have done the same thing if I was in her seat.
This shows you how huge this guy was.
Yellowstone Lake

2 comments:

KO said...

Looks like a fantastic trip! I can't believe you were able to get so close to all the animals. What fun memories.

Hansencrew said...

Those are really cool pictures! It looks really pretty up there this time of year. Your pics are all so cute of your family. You should frame some of those....