School has started, but summer is not over yet. Saturday Charlie and Brooke were going up to his parents property and invited us to come along. Charlie's parents own 60 acres about 45 minutes from Great Falls. On the property they have a house, several fishing ponds, several campgrounds and some fun swing sets for the kids to play on. We took the four wheelers with us so we could explore the property. We had a great day and the kids had a blast running all over and playing with Brooke of course. Ryan and I had fun fishing and relaxing. I don't have a fishing license,so it was fun for me to be able to fish. I did pretty good, I caught the first fish and the most. We ended the day with dinner by the fire and some jumbo marshmallows for dessert.
This is my first fish. Ryan was kind enough to hold it for me. I'm not a fan of holding fish when they have a hook in their mouth and are wanting to flop all over.
Ryan and Brooklyn trying to catch some fish.
The girls hanging out on the swings.
This is the house Charlie's Grandpa build in the side of the mountain. They used to even have grass on the roof that they would mow, but now it's covered with plastic and tires. The girls thought it was pretty cool that we could walk on the roof.
One of the many ponds on the property. This is the one we spent the day fishing at.
Marshmallow anyone!
1 comment:
I would love to have a place like that one day!! I dont' like to touch the fish either!! But that was a really pretty one you caught!:)
Post a Comment